PAC = Parent Advisory Council. Think of us as the PTA for ECFE.
The South Minneapolis ECFE PAC is a group of parents, grandparents, and other adults in ECFE. We support the ECFE programs at the Kenny, Longfellow, and Wilder school locations in the following ways:
- We increase awareness of ECFE, so that more Minneapolis families know about ECFE.
- We raise money for the ECFE classrooms and programs. In 2015-2016 we gave over $1,200 to the classrooms, including the Teen Parenting classrooms. This money helped purchase supplies. In addition, many of the play structures in the classrooms have been purchased by the PAC in previous years.
- We advocate for ECFE in the community and the legislature. We want to make sure that our representatives at all levels know how much we value ECFE, and that they should continue to support funding for ECFE.
- We coordinate events that bring families together, like our annual Preschool Information Fair, and 2016's Author Fair where we had 14 authors, and almost 400 people attended!
- We provide feedback to ECFE Administrators on ECFE classes.
If you have any questions, check out our FAQ, Contact Us, or talk to your classroom educator for more information.